Acid reflux means the regurgitation of digestive acid from the stomach back to the linings or wall of the esophagus. This condition is very critical as it brings about so many forms of symptoms which are discomforting to the body. Some of these symptoms include: heartburn (burning sensation in the chest), sore throat, bloated stomach, frequent belching, bad breadth, nausea, vomiting, etc.
If the acid rubs on the esophagus continuously, it is more likely that severe conditions will affect the person. Some of the debilitating conditions include cancer of the esophagus, bleeding, Barrett’s Esophagus, etc. Hence, acid reflux could get become life threatening if not handled with caution.
In most people the causes of reflux of acid is due to the kind of foods taken. Diets with high acidic contents may tend to increase the intensity of reflux. Also, diets with fatty contents may put pressure on the stomach during digestion and force acids to regurgitate back to the gullet.
However, watching what you eat is a sure way to control acid reflux. It is then important to monitor your diet and ensure that your recipes contain foods that would be friendly to your stomach and prevent the back flow of acid to the esophageal linings. Here is an Acid Reflux Recipe that you can prepare if you are thinking of what to eat when diagnosed with heartburn or any form of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease.
Low fat cheesy vegetable soup
- 2 cups of potatoes (cubbed)
- 2 cups of Cauliflower florets
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 4 cans of chicken broth ( fat free)
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoonful of minced garlic
- 1 jar of low fat cheese whiz
- 1 cup of diced carrots
- Some pinch of salt substitute and some pepper to taste
- Boil the onions, potatoes, carrot in the broth of chicken until they are tender.
- Add water to engulf the vegetable (optional)
- Add florets of broccoli and cauliflower.
- Cook till all the ingredients become tender
- Puree 1 cup of thicken and mix with the soup.
- Stir thoroughly after adding cheese whiz.
In conclusion, this soup, when served in breakfast will help reduce the influx of acid in your body. This is just one of many recipes you can access online. Depending on where you live and your food taste you should search out healing recipes for each food before taking so as to prevent the symptoms of acid reflux.Continue Reading...